Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Friendship shaping your life

Life is like a book, we have bad pages or a bad chapter. We love to dwell on those pages, cry about them and think that these are the only pages we can read.
But if you want something to change, turn the page. Read the next chapter.
Or if you don't want the story, then rip it up, burn it.
And write your own story, because it's yours and you are the author to your own life.

So in my life, I have some friends that I know will always be there.
Jordan, Minette, Vicky and Lauren. Then there's those people that I'm never sure about. I'm never sure where I stand, and I'm never sure whether they care for me as much as I care for them. And I hate that feeling, the feeling of not being cared about. Because I am sure I am not the only person in this world who fears being left alone, and that's what I'm scared those people will do.
There is one certain person who does this to me, I am not sure where I stand with them, but I really really do care about them. Almost too much. Because the care they show for me is nothing, when we speak in "real life".
Why can't people just be real?
Why can't people just be their selves?
Why do we live in a place where being different is so horrible?
I am myself, I was created to be myself and if you're embarrassed by me then you can god damn leave.

So if you're ever feeling self-conscious, like you're not good enough. Its okay everybody feels that way. I do every single day, but is it yourself you are trying to please?
One quote I absolutely love is:
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because the people who mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind."
Such a true quote, if you find yourself trying to impress a friend, or a friend not accepting you for who you are, the big question is: Are they a true friend?

When you're down and questioning everything, when you're worrying yourself sick, when you're in tears over the smallest of matters; find those people who are going to comfort you. Not fix your problems but support you and accept that these problems are part of you.

We all need some people in our lives like that. But stop searching for someone to be that person, and start putting your effort in and be a good friend yourself.
It's a two way street.

-Emily Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment